Let's break down each item.
- If your WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY does not have professional grade equipment you run a higher risk of having it break down during your special day.
- If your WEDDING DJ'S equipment breaks down and they do not have back-up your RECEPTION comes to a halt.
- Dance lighting is essential to motivating people to dance and should be included in the basic WEDDING DJ package.
- Your WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY should have extensive experience with RECEPTIONS and should be able to help you plan a fun and entertaining celebration.
- Your WEDDING DJ should have a large selection of music for all age groups. The guests are usually from toddlers to grandparents and the music selected should have something for every age group.
- The announcements and motivating the guests to dance are very important parts of your RECEPTION.
- Your WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY should be willing to purchase every song that you request that he/she doesn't already have.
- Your WEDDING DJ should have a working knowledge of all of the music that he/she has and be able to quickly cue up guest requests.
- Part of your WEDDING DJ's
job is to keep everything running smoothly and make sure that all of the
scheduled events happen within a reasonable time of the planner.
- Your DJ or WEDDING DISC JOCKEY
should dress business professionally (we don't recommend tuxes) and yet
be comfortable enough to give you an outstanding performance.
- Hiring an expert at running your RECEPTION means that you will be able to enjoy your guests instead of managing your DJ.
So now that you know all of this, how do you HIRE A DJ or WEDDING DISC JOCKEY and how much should you pay?
At $150 I would be very concerned that the DJ you are talking to does not meet the criteria above. I would look to HIRE A WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY that meets more of the criteria.
At $3500 I would be asking myself "what does this WEDDING DJ
provide that gives him/her so much more value to be worth thousands of
dollars more than others"? We know a DJ in New York City that is worth
every bit of the $3500 he charges.
"The price you pay
for your entertainment is directly proportional to the quality of
service you should expect to receive, which is directly proportional to
the success of your RECEPTION or PARTY" ~Mark Ferrell~
We spend thousands of hours researching, recruiting, interviewing, and checking references of the BEST WEDDING DJS across the country. What we look for is excellent WEDDING DJS with extensive experience that don't have enough marketing expertise to be booked for a WEDDING every single weekend. When we HIRE A WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY we make sure that they meet every part of our list!
We not only make sure that they meet all of the criteria outlined above, we also verify that they are willing to perform in our BUDGET PACKAGES on dates that they have open. We put the same amount of research into our photographers and videographers.
Our WEDDING DJS typically charge $750-35000 if you were to contact them direct.
Our advice is whether you go with us, or another company, HIRE A WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY that has extensive experience.
2012 National Average Wedding Costs for a DJ, Photographer, and Video
Average Cost to HIRE A professional
WEDDING DJ or DISC JOCKEY
OUR PRICE $699*
In 2012, the average cost of a wedding dj is between $715-$849. Providing
DJ entertainment for a wedding reception is much more than just playing
music for a crowd. Many DJ's now offer MC services that have
significant impact or influence over the atmosphere, flow, & overall
appeal of a wedding reception.
- Most DJ's offer a per hour rate, which usually includes standard sound equipment, microphone and extensive music library. Lighting equipment costs extra.
- In most cases you will get about 16 to 17 songs per hour.
But ask yourself this important question... Are you looking for just an AVERAGE DJ???
Average Cost of a Wedding Photographer
In 2012, the average
cost of a wedding photographer is between $2189-$2425. Out
of all wedding costs, this specific expense seems to fluctuate the
most, with some couples spending in excess of $5,000 for professional
photography. Use this cost as a rough estimate in determining your
- Photography usually makes up between 8%-10% of a typical wedding budget
- Great wedding photographers book up fast. If you find a vendor you like, make sure he/she knows it and get the communication going.
- An engagement session is an easy way to build a comfortable vibe with your photographer before the big day!
For a limited time you can HIRE A DJ and PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER for ONLY $1199
Average Cost of a Videographer
OUR PRICE ONLY $799*
In 2012, the average
cost of a videographer is between $1280-$1756. While
an exclusive, highly in-demand videographer may charge upwards of
$7,000 for their professional video services, most couples tend to spend
around the $1,500 mark. Popularity of wedding videography is expected
to increase in 2012 with brides opting to include video services in
addition to traditional photography services.
- Most videographers offer al la carte services that are not usually included in their standard rate.
are generally higher during wedding season. Naturally, the busier and
more in demand a videographer is the more they will charge.
2012 AVERAGE $4607
for DJ, photographer, and video
*for a limited time, see specials on the home page
When it comes time to HIRE A DJ or
A DISC JOCKEY, photographer, or videographer,
your logical choice is